Friday, January 25, 2008

I hope this doesn't sound too morbid...


There's always rain isn't there...

So...we all know about those times in our lives that we wish would just work themselves out. They never seem to do they? We try to not dwell on them because we know that He's got them, but somehow, they make us someone we don't want to be; someone we shouldn't become. Continually frustrated, we eventually begin to wonder if it would just be easier if we just left...altogether left. We just want to go home to Jesus. This would be so much easier wouldn't it? Wouldn't it be easier to just avoid and sit in the safety of the perfection of heaven? Yeah, I think it would be...

These are the thoughts I had as I woke up this morning and remembered how I was feeling as I went to bed at nine-thirty last night. I asked Him to take me home. I asked Him to have mercy and take all of these frustrations away by taking me away. And then I remembered what a friend told me once during a time when he was having these exact same thoughts.

He told me that though it would be easier to escape just by going home, we can still sit in the safety of the perfection of Christ. It is easier with Christ and the best part is that we don't have to go home to get that ease. It's here waiting for us.

It always rains. Gilbert Keith Chesterton once said that we shouldn't hate the rain, for without the rain there would be no rainbow. This is a wonderfully true statement, but the rain still hurts while its here. So while it's here, my aim is to simply sit under the ever protecting wing of Christ my savior and stay as dry as I possibly can.

Then I can sit and look for my rainbow.

No comments: