Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rainbow.

Tonight in my teenage angst, I kind of met Rainbow Rowell.

So I'm talking to Suzy about this 90s movie and how she's so emotional she's sobbing. I tell her that I've been crying over everything. I cried so hard at the end of Eleanor and Park that I felt emotionally maimed. She said, isn't Eleanor and Park written by a girl named Rainbow? I said, Rainbow Rowell. She owns me for life after that book. She said, I have a friend who is friends with her.

Obviously.

And then this happened.
Imma die now, k?

I've just never gotten to tell an author how much they mean, and how important their work is. So I beg of you, order Eleanor and Park at your library, buy it on amazon, barnes and noble, chapters, whatever. Read it. It's unbelievable. 

ALSO! Rainbow has two other books and another one on the way. Attachments and Fangirl (linked to their pages on Goodreads), and Landline (coming in July!). 

Thanks for the chat, Rainbow. You're legitimately such a superstar. 

No comments: