Monday, May 24, 2010

Hard-boiled blunders.


Today in my teenage angst, I failed to do the simplest of household tasks. I hard-boiled some eggs and failed. Look at the goiter on that egg. Gross. It reminds me of Spartacus. 


This was not my first egg fail. The first two times I boiled eggs (in my third year of college) they weren't fully cooked. The next time I devised that if I just boiled until the water was gone, they'd have to be cooked all the way through. Then I forgot about them boiling on the stove and one of the eggs blew up. 


It's funny how some of us miss those things growing up. It's not that I couldn't have learned, I just simply didn't want to. And now as an almost 23 year old, I am still failing at boiling eggs. That's the inside of the goiter egg. 


It's my goal this summer to learn to barbecue, so I'm on the road to rectification in the food realm. 



Here's a phot from Moncton. Well, actually this was in Halifax.


For the record. I don't plan on blogging about my trip to Moncton because the post would be so long that no one would read it. So let it be said that it was THE best trip. The photos are evidence. 

4 comments:

Mich said...

I would read it - I survived my brother's ridiculous posts on his europe trip didn't i?? hahaha. Cute pic tho!

Yay! You should totally learn to bbq - and then you could make your own hamburgers!! haha but seriously i learned last summer and its the best thing ever. Its relaxing and your outside and i dunno there's just something about it....

suzy said...

i would read it. and comment. that's what a good friend i am.

laurakdh said...

So, nice pic. And nice teeth in that pic for a change. not. And that egg looks like a barnacle.

laurakdh said...

Oh, and I love the new layout!