Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tavi.

Today in my teenage angst, we advance the current trend by a few years.

This is Tavi Gevinson. You probably know her from her blog Style Rookie as well as her online magazine for teens Rookie Mag. Over the past four years - btw she just turned 16 five days ago - she's been developing this online world that advocates deep thought and forward movement in and for teens. I've never heard someone so young, who is as articulate and intelligent as Tavi. I love her, not only for who she is, but what she represents; the power of teens to speak for change and actually make it.

This is a seven minute talk she did at the TedxTeen seminars. I think she's amazing. I'm turning 25 this year and while I don't currently have the mobility that she does, she inspires me to keep working toward it. To keep working toward a serious ability to speak for and make change. As she addresses identity as so difficulty developed in today's North American culture, listen for the truth she brings and advocates.

No comments: