Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pomp us up for nothing.

Today in my teenage angst, graduation anxiety set in. I think it actually set in yesterday or the day before but it was such a vague and unfamiliar feeling that I wasn't able to identify it as such right away. 


I'm feeling the need to mourn the end of this segment of education. The environment I've become accustomed to over the past four years is so comfortable. I apparently don't like change, I apparently don't like the unknown and I apparently don't like to separate myself from that in which I invest. 


Nelly Furtado said it best when she said "flames to dust, lovers to friends, why do all good things come to an end?" Strong words from that one. So what's the problem then? I'm aware that good things await me. I'm aware that the years of education ahead are going to be so fun. I know that I'm going to adapt to city life and engage in cultures that I've never had access to before. 


So why is my angst eating me alive? My independent and adaptive nature is not working for me, so it would seem. 

No comments: