Friday, October 14, 2011

Sk8r Boi.

Today in my teenage angst, I was taken back. Avril Lavigne was doing a show in Regina last night and my faves top 40 radio station was obviously all over it. This morning, for the first time in probably about ten years, I heard Sk8r Boi. What a great song.


Let's discuss the differences in and amidst the word great. Lots of people are called great but are by no means good. I'm working on an example but I can't really think of one. I think Catherine the Great was pretty awful, but I can't verify that. Sk8r Boi was a part of that hilarious faux-punk influence that my generation enjoyed in the early 2000's. It was because of Avril and my adolescent identity crisis that led me to adopt dark eyeliner and purple red hair. Good times. 


It is also because of Sk8r Boi that causes me to believe that if you can spell a word with letters, you should. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"He was a skater boy, she said see you later boy, he wasn't good enough for her!"...oh that takes me back! Good times, good times.