Friday, December 30, 2011

Tumblr.

Today in my teenage angst, I created a Tumblr account.

I have never been against Tumblr. But I have, over the past few years, developed a distinct opinion of Tumblr. Tumblr, is not blogging. Tumblr is posting. Tumblr can be but is not widely used as a place to share your own thoughts and creativity. Tumblr is however, a place to show your personality through posts of pictures, videos, quotes, etc. Posting is not blogging. This does not, however, make it any. It is something in its own right; distinct and removed.

So anyway, in order to expand my presence on the internet even further, I created a Tumblr account. If you're not aware, I have Twitter and YouTube channels. If you're a subscriber, sweet. If not, click away! Tumblr takes less work, thought and energy than the rest of these however, and is instead just fun. So find me at todayinmyteenageangst.tumblr.com and we can be best friends.

Have the best day!

I might hold the record for using the word Tumblr the most number of times in one blog post. Nine. I used it nine times.

2 comments:

nova said...

I agree, it's definitely not blogging. I try not to reblog very much stuff, and try to make sure that when I do, it's all sourced back to where it originated.

I do love it for instant gratification though, I post a photo and BAM, someone likes it. A couple of mine got like 90 notes and I felt totally famous. haha All you have to do is post pictures of thigh tattoos and you win the internet. Who knew?

Hannah-Leanne said...

I do appreciate your particular posts. The pictures are fabs. I have two followers as of now and one is you. So I'm not terribly attached to the process. I might abandon it but some people's posts - The New Yorker, this cat person - are so great.