Sunday, May 20, 2012

300 and the flu.

This is not about the movie three hundred watched while having the flu, but rather the fact that this is my three-hundredth post, a goal which I had hoped to achieve by the end of the year. And it's only May! So congratulations me.

This weekend in my teenage angst, I got the flu. I really never get sick. Colds, fevers, stomach aches, throwing up, it's just not a part of my life experience. Except during times of extreme excitement (travelling to Disneyland when I was five) or trauma (after both of my horrific car accidents). Other than that, the process of being sick is fairly foreign to me. I'm certain this makes me more pathetic and consequently even less functional than would be if I experienced it regularly. Janelle brought me soda crackers and ginger ale and I was hilarious delirious in talking to her. I even sang her, You're the Best Around by Joe Esposito, from the tournament montage in Karate Kid. Video below. Look at Elisabeth Shue. She's a goddess. Anyway, Janelle just replied, "okay go back to your bed" and backed away slowly. Bless her.


So I'm on the mend, now more efficiently sympathizing with others who often have the flu, instead of just empathizing, because really, I have no idea what you're going through. 

No comments: