Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Just a way of life.

Today in my teenage angst, I realized that way of life is everything.


I also realized that fear can easily become a way of life. Lately, I've been contemplating those who live in areas of war and how strange life must be for them. This might be especially true if their country has been at war for several decades.  


What must it be like to live a life defined by war and subsequently fear? What must it be like to get used to that and almost comfortable in it but at the same time ready to jump at a moment's notice?  What must it be like to not live like I do?


I think that we often justify injustice in the world by saying that 'no on should have to live like that.'  It's true - no one should have to live like that, but people do.  Have they accepted the definition of their lives?  Would I accept that definition? 

No comments: