Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day Twenty-nine - In the past month, what have you learned?

In the past month . . . yeesh. I'm a student so let's hope I can find something.


In my political science study I have learned that feminism is not the aim of elevating women above men but rather doing away with the western ideology of dominance. I have also learned within this class that Google image should not be used in academia. 


In my anthropological study I have learned that there is a way to question the social and cultural actions of people groups without a condemning critique. I have also learned that as a first year student at Mun, my academic pursuit does not generally matter . . . (this is not actually true but it is the general message sent from my Prof who has clearly been in the academic realm too long. She's a little jaded.) 


In my economic study I have learned that understanding my economic context influences every step of my consumerist life. I have also learned that this field is not only fascinating, but exciting. 


In my folklore study I have learned that folklore is not a valid field. In my general opinion, it is incomplete anthropological study. I wish I was kidding about this, but I'm not. Folk-literature, maybe. Folklore alone? Not so much. I really do wish my feelings were different. 


So there you go. That's my learning. For other learnings not mentioned here, reference the next most recent post. 

No comments: