Today in my teenage angst, I wear an apologist shoes. An apologist is one who defends. The development of this defense, for whatever, is usually developed over years of study and experiential practise. It was told me the other day that a group of girls I barely know, refer to me as Hipster Hannah. Cute? No.
In thinking about this I composed a list of defense against myself as a hipster.
1) I am a musical theatre nerd.
2) Furthermore, my favorite movie is Easter Parade, not My Life Aquatic.
3) I do not write songs or poetry.
4) While I knit, I do not knit well.
5) I wear hats and scarves for the purpose of warmth and comfort.
6) I would not be satisfied with working at the library for the rest of my life i.e. I have really high career ambitions.
7) I wear skinny jeans because they de-emphasize how short I am.
8) I don't have a tattoo.
9) I'm not usually successful at thrifting.
10) I don't have a subscription to Adbusters, Newsweek, Mad Magazine or UTNE.
11) I do however, have a gym membership. And I use it.
12) I wear a large gold watch because it was my Grandfather's. Not because I sought it out.
I am not a hipster. Eww. Don't go there.